The Redlands Republican Women Federated promotes education of not only their own membership but participates in several scholarship opportunities for high school seniors and and students already enrolled in a college o university. The criteria for these scholarships changes often so please come back here to see what is available and when.
The Charline Ketcherside Scholarship
Each year two scholarships of at least $1500 are awarded to deserving college students. Our next Ketcherside Scholarship will be awarded in May of 2023. Please come back for a printable/fillable form in January 2023.
Congratulations to our 2022 Scholarship winners. RRWF is pleased to present $3,000 each to
- Jacob Tackett Jacob is enrolled in the Masters of Arts program at the University of Redlands. His chosen field is that of Education. He is definitely a young man who will take his future responsibilities in that field to great heights.
- Makayla Alsberry is attending University of California at San Diego and eventually hopes to become a Doctor specializing in Anesthesia.
RRWF wishes them both well in their chosen careers and found both their essays inspiring and inciteful.
The Charline Ketcherside Scholarship is provided through her estate. It is awarded by and
distributed through the Redlands Republican Women, Federated.
Charline Ketcherside 1926-2017
Charline served in the Foreign Service of the United States Department of State and was assigned to Berlin and Frankfurt, Germany. After her service, she continued her education at Utah State University, the University of Puerto Rico, and the University of Guadalajara while earning a Master of Arts degree at the University of New Mexico.
Charline moved to California and taught Spanish at Highland Junior High School and San
Gorgonio High School.
After retirement, she served the community as part of many local organizations including;
• Breakfast Club, President
• Chapter N – P.E.O., President
• Redlands Area Panhellenic Association, President
• Founding member of the Geraldine M. Derkum Scholarship Foundation
• Chair of the Redlands Community Hospital Foundation
• Founding trustee of the Redlands Community Foundation
• Trustee of the Kimberly – Shirk Association
• Member of Redlands Country Club
• Member of California Women of Agriculture
• Member of Daughters of the American Revolution
• Member of Redlands Republican Women, Federated.
She was named a Woman of Distinction by Town & Gown of the University of Redlands.
Charline always believed in, and practiced, the American work ethic that makes America great. She also admired and practiced the principles of philanthropy that make Redlands the outstanding community that it is.